Tenshi Grants team provide support to digital and technology companies across the UK so they could successfully secure public funding for development or innovation projects.
How do we work?
- First, we assess your suitability for development or innovation funding
- Then we gather data and information from you on your project
- We write the grant application
- You receive the grant money
Once you receive your grant, we can provide an experienced project manager to oversee the project and deal with the administration of the grant, allowing to you continue focusing on your business and ensuring the process is as efficient and stress free as possible.
Our team are experienced technology development and innovation specialists who have run their own businesses, which gives them a unique ability to understand what our clients need, as well as having a proven track record in successfully winning grants.
We know that each funding application is different, depending on the project scope and scale. We operate on a shared risk-basis where we negotiate a small setup fee and success bonus on a project by project basis. For example, an application for a £100k OPEN grant would incur a £2k setup fee and 10% success bonus.
Grants currently available for UK businesses
Innovate UK Open Funding
Innovate UK’s new Sector based and OPEN funding competitions effectively replaces the previous SMART grant that was very popular among SMEs. Open grants are available twice a year and businesses can apply for anything between £25k and £1m. More info on Innovate UK website.
You can apply for the funding within one of four major sectors, or open funding that is open to all innovation projects:
- emerging and enabling technologies
- infrastructure systems
- health and life sciences
- manufacturing and materials
- open funding
The projects that eligible are divided into three categories:
- Market research (feasibility study, early days), £25k+ 100% funding
- Technical feasibility (proof of concept, proving the tech but no product yet), £25k-£1m, 50%-70% funded*
- Experimental development (prototype development, trialing the solution), up to £25k-£1m, 25%-45% funded*
*Match funding = Innovate UK will cover this percentage of the total project cost. For example, if you are a small company and your total project cost is £556k and you apply for Prototype Development (45% match), then Innovate UK will give you £250k and you will pay the other £306k.